Asus become the first who get the Android Jelly Bean – version 5.0.in their latest tablets. Asus get the benefits from it partnership with Google.
Asus prides itself on its Android upgrade efficiency, as it was the first to provide tablets running Honeycomb and the first to push the Ice Cream Sandwich update to its tablets.
Benson Lin, Asus’ Corporate Vice President told TechRadar: “Asus is very close to Google, so once they have Android 5.0 I think there will be a high possibility that we will be the first wave to offer the Jelly Bean update.”
Lean, mean, jelly bean machine
Asus announced its 3-in-1 Padfone device at MWC 2012, which sees a mobile phone, tablet and netbook combined into one device running Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
Asus hopes the Padfone will help it gain traction in the mobile market and if it produces quality handsets, the promise of a speedy upgrade to Android Jelly Bean in the future may see consumers flock to the Taiwanese firm.
- Asus get first Android Jelly Bean version 5.0.in their latest tablets
- Sony Mobile rolls out Android 4.0 update in India.
- Samsung offers Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade for selected devices
- Android Tablets Are Most Preferred; iPad May Be Losing Its Sheen
- How To Convert Your Android Tablet Into A Working Laptop