After long free data offer Reliance Jio goes paid from 1st April 2017, and now people have to make the decision, whether they want to continue their Jio account or cancel it, for those who want to stick with Jio, have no problem, but those who are planning to cancel their Jio account, do it by March 31. Now people are quite confusing how they discontinue Jio service if they don’t want it anymore. The process is simple but a little time-consuming.
In this post, we are going to describe how to cancel your Reliance Jio subscription.
Check Reliance Jio number is prepaid or postpaid?
Although every Jio user we’ve talked to has a prepaid SIM, we’ve seen people in the comments mention using postpaid SIMs. So, step one is to check which one you’re using. It’s easy to confirm.
- Open the MyJio app, and tap the Open button next to MyJio.
- Sign in with your Jio number and password, if you haven’t already.
- Swipe in from the left side to show the menu.
- Tap on My plans
- It’ll say Happy New Year Offer on top, and it’s followed by Prepaid recharge in our case. If you’re a postpaid user, it will say Postpaid. Now that you know which one applies to you, let’s move on to the next step.
How to cancel your Reliance Jio prepaid number
This is pretty straightforward. Take the SIM card out of your phone, and don’t touch it for three months. After 90 days of inactivity, with zero balance, prepaid SIMs are disconnected.
How to cancel your Reliance Jio postpaid number
The only way to end this connection is to call up customer care or to visit a Jio store, and ask for your number to be disconnected. They will ask for your reasons, and once the request has been accepted, the account should be closed within seven working days. This also works for prepaid Jio numbers if you don’t want to wait 90 days.
If you’re planning on doing this, make the call before April 1 so no charges are attached to your account.
That’s it now you have just unsubscribed your Jio account
- How to cancel your Reliance Jio Account
- Reliance Jio Phones List of VoLTE Mobiles that will work with Jio Network