Microsoft Corp. plans to introduce a new range of mobile phones with social-networking capabilities targeting to young consumers, The new devices, based on a Microsoft development project code-named “Pink,” will be available later this month in the U.S. through a partnership with Verizon Wireless, the carrier owned by Verizon communication.
For for the Pink mobile phones Microsoft designed the software, online services and hardware and Sharp Corp. of Japan is manufacturing the devices.
one thing is great that this mobile phon ot running with Windows Phone 7, but will instead run on a modified version of the Danger OS and Windows CE.
These new smartphones are designed for the younger market and will have a range of social networking features, it will be interesting to see what the phones are like and also the custom operating system.
[tag]microsoft,windows phone 7,sharp,smartphones[/tag]
- Microsoft to unveil ‘Pink’ mobile phones next week
- Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Released
- HTC Windows Phone 8X specification
- Microsoft Announces 10.6-inch Windows 8 powerd “Surface” Tablet
- Microsoft AppFest Winner apps showcased at ADB Summit