There is some basic Keyboard shortcuts used during watching video on youtube. Sometime this keyboard shortcut work faster in compare of mouse events.
These shortcuts work when you open a new video, without needing to click anything in the player.
- J – Jump back 10 seconds.
- K – Toggles play/pause.
- L – Jump forward 10 seconds.
- M – Mutes the audio.
The following shortcuts may only work once you’ve clicked somewhere on the player (play, pause, volume, etc).
- Left/right arrows – Rewind or fast-forward 5 seconds.
- Up/down arrows – Volume control.
- Numerals 1 through 9 – Skip to 10%-90%, respectively.
- Home – Jump to start of video.
- End – Jump to end of video.
- F – Enter fullscreen mode.
- Esc – Exit fullscreen mode.
Do you have another shortcut to add to the list? Share it in the comments.
- Basic YouTube keyboard shortcuts list
- How i can insert YouTube video playlists in my website
- Download Youtube HD Videos with Firefox Addon
- How to Download YouTube Videos in their Original Resolution
- YouTube Hits a Billion Monthly Users