Facebook has officially launched a Messenger desktop client for Windows PCs.
The arrival of the standalone app, which was previewed late last year, follows the launch of chat-only apps for iPhone and Android smartphones.
Some of the more interesting features of the standalone client include an interactive news ticker and notification inbox to keep up to date on what your friends are liking every second. And in the end, that’s what Facebook is hoping to do with the client – get even more engagement from its users
Missing on the new client are video chat through Skype and group chat, both of which can be done on the Web version of the Facebook site.
Windows XP and Vista users are also out of luck as the client is only available for Windows 7 users.
Facebook says a Mac client is likely to arrive in the near future.
- Facebook Messenger client Available for Windows
- Unlimited usage of Facebook Messenger offer by Reliance
- Skype and facebook join their hands.
- Use facebook on your Mobile its Free
- Facebook Launches iPad App and Mobile app Platform