HTC and Facebook unveiled the new Facebook-HTC First smartphone. HTC First is a new integrated Facebook phone that is going to use the newly-revealed Facebook Home user interface.
The Facebook-inspired HTC First phone comes preloaded with the newly-announced Facebook Home, a new user interface overlay that replaces the Home screen of select Android smartphones such as the Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, HTC One X and HTC One X+ with Facebook’s software.
The HTC First smartphone features the Snapdragon 400 dual-core processor and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. The device features a 4.3-inch display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. It has a 5-megapixel camera with 1080p HD video capture, a flash, and 4G LTE from AT&T.
HTC first will also come preloaded with Instagram, and will come in four different body colors. This mobile phone will be sold exclusively by AT&T in the United States for $99.99 with a 2-year contract.
HTC First Specifications
• 4.96 x 2.56 x 0.35 (in) (LxWxT)
• 4.3 inch, HD 720p, 341 PPI
• Weight: 4.37 oz
• Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
• Facebook Home UI
• Qualcomm 8930AA, dual core 1.4 (Snapdragon 400 MSM8930)
• Internal storage: 16GB, available capacity varies (this spec suggests different editions are on the way)
• NFC, Bluetooth 4.0
• 5-megapixel camera on back, 1.6-megapixel camera on front, both front and back with BSI sensor
• 2000 mAh battery