Sony Mobile has started rolling out Android 4.0 update for selected Smartphones in the India. These devices include Arc S, Neo V and Ray from company’s Xperia series. After this launch Sony become second manufacturer to start the Ice Cream Sandwich update process for its smartphones in India. Before Sony, Samsung also released Android 4.0 for the Nexus S phone.
The Ice Cream Sandwich update for Xperia phones brings new lock-screen, smart dialer, re-sizable widget, face unlock, new task switcher, and performance improvements.
Consumers will have to use the PC Companion or Sony Bridge for MAC software on their computers to upgrade the device.
List of Sony phones will receive the Android 4.0 updates.
• Xperia™ arc
• Xperia™ arc S
• Xperia™ PLAY
• Xperia™ neo and neo V
• Xperia™ mini and mini pro
• Xperia™ pro
• Xperia™ active
• Xperia™ ray
• Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman
Things to know before you update your Sony mobile.
The availability and scheduling of this software upgrade and specific models upgradable to Android 4.0 will vary by market and carrier requirements.
After carrying out a software upgrade, please note that:
• Android 4.0’s hardware requirements are more advanced than previous software updates, so your phone’s performance may be affected.
• Our commitment to offering you the best, means that once upgraded you will not be able to revert back to an older version of Android.
• To optimize your phone’s performance, some applications may have been disabled and will not be visible on your screen. A new installed application called ‘Performance Assistant’ will help you enable these apps. Please also note that some 3rd party applications may not be compatible with Android 4.0. Please visit Google Play’s marketplace to view apps that are compatible with Android 4.0 or contact the 3rd party developers directly for support.
• Flash support will be disabled, but this can be easily fixed by visiting Google Play’s marketplace and downloading the latest available Adobe Flash player application.